I. BASIC POLICY
The AGIA aims to promote competence, integrity, professionalism, and commitment in internal auditing works and practices and for this objective, it seeks to provide awards and incentives to recognize the exceptional performance, innovative ideas, ethical behavior, superior accomplishments and other efforts that contributed to transparency, accountability, good governance and responsiveness in the delivery of public service.
To give due recognition and reward to government internal auditing units for best practices and innovations in internal auditing that promote improvement in operations.
The Search is open to all internal auditing units in the following sectors:
– National Government Agencies (NGAs)
– Government-Owned and Controlled Corporations (GOCCs) / Government Financial Institutions (GFIs)
– Local Government Units (LGUs)
– State Universities and Colleges (SUCs)
There shall be one (1) winner per sector.
IV. CRITERIA FOR QUALIFICATION
1. The participating NGA/GOCC/LGU/SUC must have an organized and fully operational IAS/IAU, i.e. with approved plantilla positions, that conforms to relevant DBM guidelines and other pertinent rules and regulations.
2. The Head/Chief Audit Executive (CAE) and at least three (3) members of the IAS/IAU of the participating Agency must be active and in good standing AGIA members as of the date of submission of the application.
3. The submitted innovation / best practice must not have been submitted as an entry to previous AGIA contests of the same nature.
V. CONTEST RULES
1. An Agency may submit not more than two (2) major innovations / best practices in internal auditing that have significantly improved internal audit performance and contributed to overall Agency operations. The innovation / best practice must have been continuously implemented for at least six (6) months as of January 31, 2023;
2. Entries must be accompanied by an Application Form (AGIA Search Form 1- Annex 1), together with all pertinent documents. Multiple entries must have individual application form and submitted to the official AGIA email in pdf or thru google drive on or before July 15, 2023, 11:59 pm.
AGIA EMAIL: email@example.com
3. A Search Committee duly constituted for the purpose shall evaluate the submitted documents based on the approved Criteria for Evaluation.
4. Qualified applicants shall be evaluated based on the following:
Relevance / Significance in Internal Auditing
Innovation adoptability to internal auditing practices and compliance to the basic objectives on internal control and functions of internal auditing
Contribution to Agency Operations
Impact of the innovation / best practice to operational economy, efficiency, effectiveness and ethical environment
Consistency in implementing the reforms/innovations and conformity with auditing standards; long-term use of the system innovation / best practice; and continuity of the program even with a change in administration/ leadership.
A sector winner may only be declared if it attains an evaluation rating of at least eighty percent (80%).
5. An on-site evaluation and validation must be conducted by the Committee to qualified participants.
6. Winners will be announced and awarded during the AGIA Annual Convention, CY 2023.
7. Winners per sector will receive a cash prize of THIRTY THOUSAND PESOS (PhP30,000.00) and a Plaque/Certificate of Recognition. All other participating Agencies will be given a Certificate of Appreciation.
Agencies of the incumbent AGIA Board of Directors are not eligible to participate in this Search.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM